1. Question: When can I visit the sanctuary to meet a dog or cat?
Answer: We are only open on Saturdays from 12:00 to 4:00. If you need to visit outside of our normal hours you must call the shelter directly for an appointment. Due to the small staff size we can not always accomodate requests.
2. Question: Are all of the dogs and cats on your website or are there more at your sanctuary?
Answer: There are many more animals at the sanctuary. We are working hard to get all animals’ pictures and stories on the website.
3. Question: Is the website really kept up to date with the newest animals?
Answer: New animals are added to the website as they are rescued and processed so please keep checking back if you don’t see the kind of dog or cat that you are looking for.
4. Question: Can I reserve a particular breed/ color/ sex/ age animal that you don’t have now?
Answer: Maybe someday we will be that organized! Right now, we are not to the point where we could handle that.
5. Question: Are the dogs at M'Shoogy's house trained?
Answer: Not all dogs at M'Shoogy's are house trained. We recommend the method here. We have tested this method and it was successful for 4 out of the 5 dogs tested.
6. Question: How do we give an animal to the shelter?
Answer: Right now the sanctuary is full. However, M’Shoogy’s can sometimes accept injured and/or abused animals with prior authorization. If you have such an animal, phone the facility directly at 816-324-5824. PLEASE DO NOT BRING AN ANIMAL TO M'SHOOGY'S WITHOUT SPEAKING WITH SOMEONE ABOUT THE SITUATION FIRST. We also provide space on our website for individuals to list their own adoptable animals here.
7. Question: Do you have an armchair adoption/ sponsorship program?
Answer: We hope to someday. We don’t have the resources to manage such a program right now.
8. Question: Is there a cost to adopt a dog or cat?
Answer: Yes, the cost is just $59 which includes shots and the cost of spaying/neutering. If you are adopting a dog we also ask that you purchase 6 months of heartworm preventative. It is sold by weight. You can check out the prices by clicking here and going to the last page. If you check around, you’ll find it is the lowest cost adoption service in the area.
9. Question: I want to volunteer at M’Shoogy’s. How do I go about it?
Answer: We have a group called MUTT (M’Shoogy’s Urban Tag Team). If you would like more information about what we do, please contact us at 1-816-561-1635 or email us at email@example.com.
10. Question: How do I make a donation?
Answer: Thank you so much for caring. Click here.
11. Question: Can I apply to adopt a dog or cat online? What are the requirements?
Answer: Yes, although we also want to meet you and make sure we are making the right match for your situation as well as for the animal. Email or call us about which animal you are considering and we can make an appointment for you and the animal to meet. Visit the Adoption Information page to fill out our adoption application and email it to one of our volunteers. You can also print a copy, fill it out, and bring it with you to M'Shoogy's during our hours of operation, which are Saturdays from 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm. Please note that if you are applying to adopt a dog, we usually require that you have a fenced-in yard except in special situations.
12. Question: Can I use your vet for my other pet(s)?
Answer: Yes! Our Vet provides low cost services to thousands of pets, including spaying and neutering. Just contact Angel's Vet Express at (816) 324-5313.